Yummy Food Updates

Monday, September 1, 2008


A few months ago I headed to the US with some girlfriends and picked up some amazing fun food finds! I love cooking and trying new recipes, and there's stuff in the States that we just can't get here!

First up are the Tofu Shirataki noodles. These have been sitting in my fridge just BEGGING to be used, but to be completely honest, they scared the daylights out of me. They seemed great conceptually, but there was something about their white-ish colour and they fact that they were swimming around in the bag that freaked me out!

My fiance was away this weekend, so I thought it would be a great opportunity to give them a shot. I tried them in the Fettuccine Hungry Girlfredo from the Hungry Girl cookbook. I rinsed and rinsed them just like it said, paranoid that I would do it wrong. The recipe was super easy and I was ready to eat in less than 10 minutes.

The recipes was very yummy! The sauce was creamy and had a nice cheese flavor. The noodles themselves definitely did not taste like spaghetti, but definitely had a "noodle" quality to them. The whole portion is ONE POINT and it's a lot of food! I love volume for low points values, so it definitely satisfied me in that way. I'm really looking forward to using my other package of Tofu Shirataki noodles for something else! I'm also going to check out Whole Foods here in Toronto to see if they carry them. 2 thumbs up!

The second item I wanted to tell you about is the Fibre One muffin mix. I'm so peeved that I only picked up one box of these! It's like any other muffin mix, except that that each muffin is packed with 5 grams of fibre!

I made these tonight and they were really easy and absolutely delicious! Each muffin has a Points value of 3 and taste absolutely heavenly warm (or fresh out of the oven) They don't taste gritty or overly full of fibre which is really nice. I've left a few out for the beginning of the week and have put the rest in the freezer. Each box makes 12 generous muffins.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2008-2021 Ashley Gibson