Tell me what you want, what you really really want...

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Goal Intention Objective Target Aspiration Aim Purpose Want Need

We can call them many things, but regardless of their name, it's incredibly important that you have goals. At my meetings on Saturday we talked about the importance of having goals, both long term and short term. You need to know what you're working towards and goals are a great way to do that.

Like I said on Saturday, your goals can be as simple as "I'm going to track everything today" or "I'm going to get up early and do my workout 3 times this week" or they can be bigger more long term goals like "I'm going to lose 40 lbs by my wedding" or "I want to be two dress sizes smaller by November".

Whatever your goals, make them specific, attainable, realistic and a good fit for your life. How are you going to achieve your goals? What are some strategies that are going to help you get there?

Here are my goals at the moment:
  • Once my show is on, get back to bellydancing once per week and working out in other ways at least 2 times per week (I've already signed up for my new class and will start the last week of February. I'm also going to have my activity chart on the fridge and will work towards getting some stickers on there)
  • I want to do a fitness bootcamp in the spring (I recieve the emails monthly and will sign up for the new session when it comes!)
  • Cut out as much refined sugar as possible (I've been working on this goal this week. It involves a lot of label reading and unfortunately cutting out some of my favourite go-to foods, but I've been feeling really good lately!! I am going to continue with this and will be exploring the world of baking with agave nectar and stevia in the coming weeks)

Now that you know mine, what are your goals and how are you working on achieving them?

And if you're one of my meetings members get ready to answer this question on Saturday!

The road leading to a goal does not separate you from the destination;
it is essentially a part of it. ~Charles DeLint

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2008-2021 Ashley Gibson