Pure Joy

Friday, November 13, 2009

Thank you for all your amazing, thoughtful & genuine comments and emails regarding my post yesterday.

For those of you who follow me on twitter, you probably got the sense that Wednesday wasn’t the best day for me. Yesterday I wiped the slate clean and your positive energy lifted my spirits more than you know. This decision has been a tough one for me, but I felt grounded in my choice and your encouragement and kind words reminded me of how it really was the BEST decision I could possibly make. Thank you!!

Back in October when I blogged about my experience with Byron Katie, Meghan left the following comment for me:

I promise you Ash - as long as you can stay in the high vibe freedom feelings that come from releasing old stresses and fear - the most amazing things will come in to your life. Everything you have ever wanted!

I love this.

I’m posting this quote because there were a few of you who said that you were thinking about new career paths or goals and I want you to know that you can do whatever you want to do. Each and every one of you has the power within you. As you let go of the fear, stress and live in this moment, you can live the life of your dreams. I can’t tell you how much better I feel now that the plan is in motion and I’m telling people. I’ve been sleeping like a baby, smiling more, (crying less) and best of all, I feel like ME again.

Crohn’s Week is going to carry on into next week because I still have stories to share and another tidbit of news for you all. This week has been insanely busy and I want to make sure I tell everyone else’s story well and give them their time to shine. It has felt great to share my story  and reflect on where I’ve come from in the last year and where I’m headed in the year to come. Your comments and shared experiences have been courageous and I really believe that in doing so you’re all helping me to spread awareness of this disease.

Starbucks rolled into holiday mode as soon as Halloween had ended. While I felt it was a little early, I was excited because my favourite tea was back: Joy. SANY2598 Not only is it delicious, it perfectly describes my feelings of late. xo

4 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Beautiful quote and sentiments; and here's to a weekend and LIFE full of joy :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and I admire you immensely. I am very unhappy with my job and university trades right now. I really want to pursue nutrition and must more. It is hard though to delineate between wanting to do something and pursuing your dreams...and the practical-realistic side of it: i.e.I cannot just go to nutrition school when I realistically do not have the money and have no opportunity for loans or funding. So reality has me stuck in this situation right now since I cannot grow money on trees :) I hope for the future to get better , and right now am just sucking it up and realizing not every one can have their ideal situations pan out. It is a wonderful thing that you have that opportunity and pursue it with vigor and passion.

Annabel Candyh said...

Nothing like a cup of joy to put a spring in your step. Love your outlook on life and think you might like the Yogi brand of tea bags. You can get them in the US and hopefully in Canada too. Each teabag has a little quote on the tab. I keep my favorites stuck on the fridge and got this one recently which I think you'll enjoy:

"Inspiring others towards happiness brings you happiness."

Keep up the great writing:)

Unknown said...

I am truly so excited for you! You deserve all the success in the world!!! You Go Girl!!!!!!!!!!

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2008-2021 Ashley Gibson