My Birth Week

Monday, April 12, 2010

Thank you for all your birthday well wishes on facebook, the blog and twitter. I really appreciate your words and was thrilled to have you share a part in my special day!!

I am still giddy on flip side of such an incredible weekend!

I had an action packed birthday and unfortunately I caught a cold about two days prior, making it a little more challenging than I had anticipated. On Thursday morning I awoke to find that the roommates had decorated my kitchen cabinet in my honour.  SANY3492They even used my extra special pink chalk. Made me smile! Mother nature missed the memo on the date of my birth and decided that Thursday would be a rainy day. I tried not to let it get me down, grabbed my umbrella and headed to my Thursday WW meetings. My lunchtime members surprised me with a cakeSANY3474 (created from WW 1 pt cakes, which I couldn’t eat, but the sentiment was so appreciated!!) and a sweet sweet card. So thoughtful!SANY3475 After my meetings I enjoyed an awesome lunch with Melly at CamrosSANY3478 Kale salad, funny squash stew & red rice and millet salad which was absolutely delicious as always. We followed it up with some goji-chocolate raw cheesecake. SANY3479 It was like a little piece of heaven!! All birthdays need good cake, and this did not disappoint. After a birthday nap, a walk and quick (unphotographed) dinner with my roommate, and boot camp, I went out with some friends to karaoke. SANY3485 I sang a couple of songs (Heartbreaker a la Pat Benatar and Just a Girl) and realized that my voice was going as a result of my sickness. Definitely an awesome way to cap off my day of birth and get in some quality time with some of my favourite people!

After getting in some more quality time with other friends on Friday night, I was ready for the big party on Saturday! I haven’t had a proper birthday party in a very long time, so I was ultra excited when the roommates suggested we combine our housewarming with mine and Matthew’s birthdays for a big shindig. There were a lot of preparations at the house for much of the day, including the creation of some mini raw chocolate cream cakesSANY3521and raw chocolate chip cookie dough bitesSANY3524 which got the triple thumbs up from the roommates. Seriously, the Pure2Raw gals rock my universe. Super easy-to-make raw treats that are healthy and delicious!

I was pretty excited about my birthday dress. I had found it at Mendocino a few weeks ago and knew it would be absolutely perfect for the party. SANY3530 Such a fun party dress in my favourite colour and an excuse to wear sky high heels!!

I spent the whole night chatting, laughing, smiling, and dancing with amazing friends, old and new!!SANY3533SANY3547SANY3543SANY3548SANY3538SANY3552SANY3540We had set up a costume corner and everyone kept getting progressively more dressed up by the end of the night. It was hilarious!!SANY3564The party was a huge success!!
I think by the end of the night my face hurt from smiling so much.

The party also solidified how happy I am in my new place with my roommates. When everything was ready to go before our guests had arrived we started to have a mini dance party with just the four of us. I said to them “no one could show up right now and we could spend the night dancing and I would be the happiest gal on earth” and I truly meant it. The other guests (and their amazing attire) were simply the icing on the cake and it was so special to be surrounded by such an amazing group of people for my special day!!

My birth week is starting to come to a close, although it’s pushing into a bit of a birth month as I’m having a birthday dinner with my dear friend Charis tonight and then spending some quality time with my dad next week. While it will be nice to get back into a bit of a normal routine, I would be lying if I said I didn’t love it!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sure know how to have a birthday! You looked amazing!

Katie said...

I love your birthday dress, Ashley! I'm glad you're having a good Birthday Week! :)

Marie-Christine & Betina said...

Seems like you had SUCH a fantastic time!

Happy birthday!! (Sorry I'm late!)
You look stunning, as usual!

xo

Pure2raw twins said...

Glad to see you had a great birthday!! Everything looked great.

xoxo

Meg said...

i love birthday- weeks!
that cheesecake looks delish!!

LauraA said...

So glad you had such a fun birthday week!! I REALLY want to make those raw chocolate chip cookie dough bites - how long do the seeds need to be soaked for?

Ashley Gibson said...

Thanks all!!

Laura - I think I soaked mine for a few hours?

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2008-2021 Ashley Gibson